If the eyes are the windows to the soul

If the eyes are the windows to the soul
WHAT THEN ARE THE EARS?

Tuesday, 16 February 2010

I feel like Ms Bradshaw

                  ' You're the one I cannot live without'
Over the years , we've all  heard these words in one variation or the other. At the valentine season, the love message gets louder and a bit more obvious ( sometimes a little obnoxious ) but for me at least, the true expressions of love that can be seen in our day to day lives are the ones that really count.

Walking down the high street with a loved one this weekend, we stopped at a shoe shop. I sighed wistfully at the lovely shoes in the display. Born with a set of extra large pedals, truely feminine shoes are rarely available in both my size and price range at the same time. Coupled with my tom boyish nature, lets just say that  sneakers and flats are more my speed than heels and frills. My collegues at work once called security cos they thought a guy had been using the ladies changing room . har har har ( that's so not funny, quit larfing right now).
 "God has not cheated me" ,  I said , "But.........." My face said it all.
"Never mind " she said with a laugh, "you've definately been compensated in other ways"
"I know , but I still wish ...."

Still on the hunt for the perfect Valentine sunday outfit we ended up in another store that was doing a sale . A pair of perfect six inch heels caught my eye, size 8 but looking more my size (9 going on 20) . To the amusement of  staff and other shoppers, I peeled off  my socks and sneakers and tried them on and tottled to and fro the department store. Lo and behold. THEY FIT. PERFECTLY! NO WAY!!! Better yet, I got another pair. Best of all , only one of them was black, the other a sexy concoction of green suede and lace or something. Just picture STC  or Strictly and you'll get  an idea of the type of heels I'm on about.

Getting the shoes was one thing, walking in them another story all together. Too long a story to get into here but bearing in mind I haven't been on anything even remotely resembling high heels in, like, forever rest assured there was a lot of amusement at ladies central that evening. Guess not having a broken ankle was one of the perks I had overlooked in my quest for sexy shoes.

Tracks for the moment are One shot  and Everybody in love by JLS rolling into Down by Jay Sean. Share the love People. Later.


2 comments:

  1. nice one there gollybabe, now you can be more feminine; for a moment i thot that the loved one was a male, that you have not written about but then my bubble was burst when you said 'she'. so how did you spend val's day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey I wouldn't go shopping with my date now would I? Anyway [HE's] another story for another day.

    ReplyDelete