If the eyes are the windows to the soul

If the eyes are the windows to the soul
WHAT THEN ARE THE EARS?

Monday, 14 December 2009

Marriage the gold standard huh

Growing up as I did with a major chip on my shoulder about being female in a society with a definite gender bias did nothing to help my emotional stability. Freud would say I had a definite case of penis envy and to a large extent he would be right. Maybe this is because as a friend of mine loves to tell me “you have a mans’ mind in a woman’s body, Golly ” and for the most part, this may be true.

The state of affairs in our world today and make no mistake about it, no matter the strides taken by gender equality groups ,the state of affairs in our world today is that the woman’s place is still deemed to be barefoot and pregnant, manning a man’s hearth. If you are female you are required to know your place and leave the heavy duty stuff to the fella's.The dynamics of relationships and the whole battle of the sexes stuff tend to go right over my head. i mean common, apart from one or two body parts, we are all the same aren't we? nah, it's a man's world , we only live in it.

Marriage has always struck me as another of the insidious ways by which men ensure their continued domination of the female race. Now I know some of you must be thinking that these are just the demented rantings of a cranky old maid but truly just look at it critically for two seconds and you‘ll see my point clearly. I think the people with the right idea are the clans in India where the woman marries the man. Or men , if she so desires. That’s right ,Girls, power to the people although the likelihood of a full blooded African man submitting to such an arrangement is very very slim but well stranger things have happened so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.


I’m not a lesbian and frankly I personally think gay people are nuts and need serious help but that’s just my personal opinion ( what do i know hummm) but I have always found it the height of unfairness that I will never have a wife but will in all actuality probably end up as someone’s wife.

It’s just like the whole Adam and Eve thing. The whole world blames Evie dearest for the Garden of Eden fiasco but I have to ask you: Where was Adam when his wifey was off smooching with the sneaky snakey hmmm?? If he had been keeping her occupied like a real man should she’d never have had time for a piece on the side. And what was with all the tattle-tale teachers pet attitude of ‘she did it, she did it”? He was such a wimp. I sure God was so pissed off with his lack of spine (as well as the other minor issue of the forbidden fruit, naturally) and that was why he kicked them out of Eden.



Ok. Some people would call me a definitely certifiable nut case. Well I am not, at least not just yet but I am quite serious here. I've always wanted to do something ,to be someone, to set my little corner of the world on fire. At least even if you don't agree with me you'll have to admit i'm on to somefink here yeah?

Ne - Yo's Miss Independent is the track playing in my head for the moment.Catchy tune, love the beat. And the lyrics wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, not so much. much prefer independent woman by Destiny's Child. Now there's a girl band i was sorry to see go to splitsville.

1 comment:

  1. Golly babe, you have to watch ur words. yeah its true we live in a man's world and we can not do pretty much about it. it also does not mean that these man should use us as second class citizens.
    I feel there are certains in this world that we can not do much about example why is the sky up why not down? God created somethings just like that.
    Marriage is a go thing; though the word says 'take a wife' but actually the they are equal, in fact the good books says the man leaves his family so both are giving up something. it depends how they both relate to each other; as partners or as slave to a boss. We all need the men to be men and also ladies to be ladies. what will happen if all people thought alike as concerning gender. the world will be in chaos my dear.
    Women should never be rode on but men should also have their place.
    How could i be admiring you if you male or thought like a male.
    You still have ur lady thought my dear, you are not a tom boy anymore

    ReplyDelete