"The phone, the phone is ringing,
The phone, we'll be right there.
There's an animal in trouble,
There's an animal in trouble
There's an animal in trouble some where".
I spend quite a of time watching Nick Jnr with my neices and songs from Dora the explorer, go Diego go and Angelina ballerina are pretty much common place in our house. However , the wonderpets are by far my favorites.Maybe it's my inner child that has refused to grow up or may I'm just nuts. or maybe the current top ten on the charts just aren't catchy enough for my enlightened mind. nah. anyway whatever it is, the tune definately has something that makes it stick in your head.
I'm not kidding, on many a day this catchy tune is buzzing in my head as I bustle around the kitchen trying to fix some grub (whatever will be fast and filling is usually fine by me, although sometimes frills are nice too) or pretend to tidy my room ( yes I know, I'm supposed to be an adult and yes I still hate tidying my room. whats the big deal?) or when I'm riding the tube or out shopping.
But I think the best and most appropriate time I've ever caught myself singing this ditty is when I'm at work, it's just a couple of hours till closing time and I'm the animal in trouble cos of stress and pressure of work. If the phone ringing is a loved one calling for a quick how's yr day going, what's the plan or can we meet up later,it feels like all the wonderpets have come to camp on my desk and i'm just in a happy place.
Sometimes with no warning at all ,it just bursts out of me, I find myself grinning like a loon and belting out at the top of my voice .......................................what's going to work? Team work ; there's an animal in trouble some where.

No comments:
Post a Comment